LandMark Dentistry provides a set of comprehensive dental services to restore your smile. Losing a tooth changes the alignment of your teeth and your facial structure over time. Crowns and bridges are the best options for permanent teeth replacement.
- Protect the weak tooth from getting damaged
- Prevent the progression of cracks in a damaged tooth
- Keep dental bridges in place
- Cover the remaining parts of a severely damaged tooth due to decay
Just like other dental appliances, dental crowns have several types which include:
- Gold-plated crown
- Base metal alloy crown
- Ceramic crown
- Porcelain crown
Dental Crown Procedure
Our dental team will shape and trim the tooth. We will get the tooth impression and cover it with a temporary crown while the actual crown is produced in the dental laboratory. The impression of your tooth will be the guide in matching your actual dental crown with your tooth.
You may need to visit our practice twice to accommodate the fitting and placement of your actual crown. LandMark Dentistry considers dental crowns as one of the best ways to preserve your natural tooth and keep tooth extraction at bay.
A dental bridge is a fixed partial denture that replaces the lost teeth. It can fill two or more missing teeth by getting support from the remaining natural teeth. Our team of dental experts recommends dental bridge treatment to help patients:
- Restore the chewing capabilities lost during tooth loss
- Improve their speech due to the tongue adjustment affected by the missing teeth
- Keep the teeth alignment intact
- Feel like it’s their natural teeth because of its non-removable feature
There are several types of dental bridge suitable for various dental conditions. These types include:
- Traditional bridge is a procedure where two of the natural teeth on each side of the gap are used to support the bridge.
- Cantilever bridge is a type of dental bridge that only gets support from one natural tooth.
- Maryland bridges are resin-bonded bridges used for replacing missing front teeth.
- Implant-supported bridges are dental bridges that get support from implants in the absence of natural teeth.
How Does A Dental Bridge Work?
A dental bridge fills the missing teeth by using the adjacent natural teeth on both ends of the gap for support. These supporting natural teeth will be cemented with dental crowns and bonded to the bridge to keep it in place.
We’re bridging one smile at a time at LandMark Dentistry
LandMark Dentistry is passionate about our duty to build smiles and improve the lives of our patients. Our dental team provides crowns and bridges services in our Charlotte, Matthews, Wesley Chapel, and Mallard Creek location. Learn more about our teeth-replacement solutions by calling us or schedule a free extraction consultation here.
Call for a Free Implant Consultation
LandMark Dentistry in Charlotte, Matthews, Wesley Chapel, and Mallard Creek offers dental crown and bridge procedures customized to fit our patient’s unique needs. To learn more information about this dental service, schedule your free initial dental consultation now.
We look forward to helping you smile again!